Covid-19 Protocols for 2021
Stay up to date
Join the Hampton Classic Mailing list!
The Hampton Classic is keeping an eye on CDC guidelines and is complying with all local, state, and federal mandates. As an outdoor event, we expect this year's horse show to be pretty close to normal. Any updates to protocols will be listed here.
If you have not been vaccinated, we recommend wearing masks when you cannot maintain a 6' distance. All people, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear masks when in enclosed places (ie. show office and restroom trailers). We will also require masks for all children and adults within the the Kids' area.
Hampton Classic will have hand sanitizer stations and complimentary masks available on site.
In addition, the US Equestrian Federation requires that all people entering the show grounds can attest to the following:
- I am NOT experiencing any possible COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or diffculty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea);
- I have NOT tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days.
- I have NOT been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive within the last 14 days. Exception: Healthcare personnel who have treated patients using appropriate medical-grade PPE during the course of performing professional duties and those individuals who are fully vaccinated (at least 14 days after their final COVID vaccination).
- I agree to comply with all organizer requirements for attendance, including but not limited to wearing a face mask/face covering (as situations require), social distancing and frequent hand-washing.
- I understand I can be removed from competition grounds for non-compliance of spectator protocols.
- I acknowledge that the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending this equestrian competition, I voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure and agree not to hold the competition, its organizers, or any of its directors, officers, staff, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.